Welcome

Thank you dearly for coming to this page! I am full of joy and excitement to share my life with you. It is a privilege and honor to get to tell you about what is going on in my day-to-day, my mind, and my heart. Christ, my King and Savior, has been there through each step of my journey. In Him, everything has purpose. There is a God story being written that is much bigger than my Haley-story. I pray to be moldable and unresisting clay in His hands. I pray that God will shape my life into a masterpiece vessel to be filled and used by Him. Thank you for following this blog. Even more than that though, I invite you to come follow Him with me!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Where Hope Is.

Thoughts. Beliefs. Convictions. 
I got an email from Joe White tonight. He is the director of Kannakuk Kamps and the speaker from Ole Miss' After Dark last year. The night is steadily getting later here in Spain, but my heart is so moved to write a few things to you. 

We can believe in something, but being convicted of it is what causes change. I can believe in Jesus, but even the demons and Satan believe in Him. "Even the demons believe in Him and tremble in terror" James 2:19. 

I can believe in God, but I want to be convicted that He is King. I want it to radically change every part of my life and the way I see myself. This conviction will move me to stake my life, my whole, all of me on His word. If I am convicted that Jesus is truth, my life will show it. I pray for this conviction for me and for the world. This is the Awakening I pray will capture our attentions, captivate our hearts, and bring us to humble adoration of the King of Kings.

When I am convicted that I truly am the BELOVED of God, I am...
His. I am loved. I am beloved. I am valuable... wanted, forgiven, reserved, taken, cherished, in relationship, purchased, in Christ, alive, filled with purpose, dependent on His Spirit in me, saved by grace, set apart, died for, thought about, special, new identity, His ambassador, an heir to the throne, recipient of all God's glory through grace, enabled/equipped/empowered by the Spirit, FREE, paid for in FULL, daughter of the Great King, wanted to be known by Him, pursued, UNCONDITIONALLY LOVED, blessed, taught by the Great Teacher, led by the Great Shepherd, held by the Great Healer, comforted by the Lord of all, healed by the One who holds all things together, appointed to share the amazing news of Him, blessed to bring others into His Kingdom, a Kingdom resident, living in hopes of the truest reality of the eternal realm despite the distractions of this life, free from feelings, walking on a journey...

I have meaning. I have purpose. I have a firm, sure, secure foundation. FEARLESS. Moved and guided by the Spirit, urged to move, excited to tell, a life-giver, refreshing to others, cleansed, healed, restored, filled up, Spirit-filled, understood, significant, secure, accepted, redeemed... 

The list could go on and on and on... This truth is alive. He is alive. May we come alive to the conviction and perspective of knowing His truths. Wonder and awe and words cannot describe the absolutely incredible love of Christ. This conviction is where hope is!

2 comments:

Kim said...

i love the new look!!! it's cute! very you! and i like your note. you are such an encouragement to me!

Just April... said...

AMEN!