Welcome

Thank you dearly for coming to this page! I am full of joy and excitement to share my life with you. It is a privilege and honor to get to tell you about what is going on in my day-to-day, my mind, and my heart. Christ, my King and Savior, has been there through each step of my journey. In Him, everything has purpose. There is a God story being written that is much bigger than my Haley-story. I pray to be moldable and unresisting clay in His hands. I pray that God will shape my life into a masterpiece vessel to be filled and used by Him. Thank you for following this blog. Even more than that though, I invite you to come follow Him with me!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Seeking to Trust.

Seeking to trust. I feel lies and insecurities attacking. I have to choose to say no. Satan wants to use feelings, insecurities, and lies to distract/divert/distort my attention. No, I must depend on Jesus to help me. It is not as it seems. It is not as it feels.

God is saying... Daughter, dance with me. Come out of the hiding. My light will make the darkness flee. Don't be afraid. Don't sell out, give up, quit, or lose yourself. Look to me, for I am here. I am here, right now.

May I look to Him. May I not just know Him, but be set free by believing Him.

"I know you've washed me white,
Turned my darkness into light.
I need your strength to get me through this night.
I can't live by what I FEEL,
but only by the TRUTH your word reveals.
I'm not holding onto you,
But you're holding onto me."
By Casting Crowns

Thank you for your love and prayers. Jesus is king, despite what we feel. I don't know what this is, but I know it will be ok. Too much of my life, I've hidden my feelings from myself... thinking that being a Christian meant I would always trust and always be happy. I'm learning that by trying to find the source of my feelings, I don't have to hide from myself anymore. I can be real with me. Real with other people. And in the brokenness and realness, depend on Jesus. That is where Freedom is. This song touched my heart. He holds all things together. He is holding me, and you, and all things. Praising Him, for in our weakness He is strong.

0 comments: