Welcome

Thank you dearly for coming to this page! I am full of joy and excitement to share my life with you. It is a privilege and honor to get to tell you about what is going on in my day-to-day, my mind, and my heart. Christ, my King and Savior, has been there through each step of my journey. In Him, everything has purpose. There is a God story being written that is much bigger than my Haley-story. I pray to be moldable and unresisting clay in His hands. I pray that God will shape my life into a masterpiece vessel to be filled and used by Him. Thank you for following this blog. Even more than that though, I invite you to come follow Him with me!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pure, like orange juice.

"Wonder and awe surround you, Oh Lord
Glory and fire light your way
Day after day the Heavens proclaim
the Beauty of the Holy One.
We will respond,
With joy in our song!

There is none so High and Holy
King of Kings, the One and Only
You are adored, You are the Lord of all.

Mysteries unknown are known to You,
All wisdom is Yours to reveal
You hold in Your hand, the days of all men
All life and breath is Yours to give
Your enemies, rise, Your enemies fall
Your fire consumes them all

We adore you, Lord. We love you.
Let our hearts be pure, Oh Lord."
By Kristian Stanfill

Father, help us to behold the Man of Jesus. 100% Pure orange juice means 100% one thing. Purity means all of one thing. It means without additives. I try to add so many things to Jesus. Jesus + others' approval. Jesus + caring about my appearance. Jesus + my Haley-ways of doing things. Jesus + trying to be good enough.

Purity means all of one thing. Dear Precious and High and Holy King. Please make me pure and defined by my identity in you. May I let go of the "plusses" I try to add to you. You are enough. Focus my eyes. Change my perspective. Take me high, fill me, replace my world perspective of longing to be loved with your great love. Let your love flood through me, transforming me and bringing life to the people I meet. Please be a refreshing joy, peace, and comfort through me. I want to be like Jesus. Father, I pray that you will make me pure, 100% of the Spirit's character that you put inside me through grace.

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, because the Lord has appointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to to announce that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed." Isaiah 61:1

0 comments: