Welcome

Thank you dearly for coming to this page! I am full of joy and excitement to share my life with you. It is a privilege and honor to get to tell you about what is going on in my day-to-day, my mind, and my heart. Christ, my King and Savior, has been there through each step of my journey. In Him, everything has purpose. There is a God story being written that is much bigger than my Haley-story. I pray to be moldable and unresisting clay in His hands. I pray that God will shape my life into a masterpiece vessel to be filled and used by Him. Thank you for following this blog. Even more than that though, I invite you to come follow Him with me!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

La Flor



I’m in the middle of a book called, Hind’s Feet on High places. It’s incredible; the only thing is, Spain is so captivating that I haven’t picked it up since I’ve been here. Hopefully I’ll get back into it soon.

Over here the sun wakes up at 6:00 in the morning and doesn’t set until around 10:00 at night. Jerry and Gwen, the director of IMM and his wife, let Javi and I borrow their bicycles. You guys, I’ve got to get some pictures to you that capture the amazing countryside here. There is a path about ½ mile from our house that weaves through the hills and meadows.

Last night I hurried to the special road bed to get pictures as the sun was setting. Those of you who know me really well know that I love grass! Something about the green is so beautiful to me. It points up to blue skies, stretches to Heaven, and makes me smile. I was snapping pictures in the dark of the grass and mountains, when I noticed a single, tiny flower on my screen. Down under the big stalks of grass was a little guy with white petals and a furry yellow center. It reminded me of a part (in the book above) I read a couple weeks ago…

“The little wildflowers have a wonderful lesson to teach. They offer themselves so sweetly and confidently and willingly, even if it seems there is no one to appreciate them… they are so happy to love, even if they are not loved in return.” –Hannah Hurnard

Little flowers may be in the deepest part of the forest where they will never be seen, but they don’t shine for that reason. Happy and content, they shine with beauty, even if never to be seen at all. That’s amazing and an encouragement to me. :)

Dance like no one is watching.

Shine! The Light of the world is inside you.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Haley! I have loved to read your blog about your journey in Spain.

At first, I wasn't sure what you took a picture of, but then it became clear in your cute explaination of the wild flower. Most overlook them and fail to notice, but upon a closer look they are so beautiful and marvelous. They shine because their treasure is not in being noticed by people, but to spread their pedals in awe and delight of the sun's radiance. How much we can learn from the wildflowers!

Hope your heart is continually captivated by the Radiant One. And look forward to hearing more of your journey with Jesus in Spain.

Keep dancing like no one is watching!

Kyle Ryan