Welcome

Thank you dearly for coming to this page! I am full of joy and excitement to share my life with you. It is a privilege and honor to get to tell you about what is going on in my day-to-day, my mind, and my heart. Christ, my King and Savior, has been there through each step of my journey. In Him, everything has purpose. There is a God story being written that is much bigger than my Haley-story. I pray to be moldable and unresisting clay in His hands. I pray that God will shape my life into a masterpiece vessel to be filled and used by Him. Thank you for following this blog. Even more than that though, I invite you to come follow Him with me!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Freedom

I’ve been listening to music on the job. Some of my favorite music is by Britt Nicole. She’s a singer-song writer, probably not too much older than me. I’ve been touched by the powerful messages in her songs. Earlier this week, Gwen (the director’s wife) came to my office and I was singing out loud to Britt’s music on my headphones. Embarrassing to say the least. Gwen told me to keep on singing, that it was a good thing! 

That funny story to say… I’d love to share a few of her lyrics with you. They are about freedom and life. In my relationship with Jesus, these two themes are so important. In 2nd Peter 2:19, the Bible says, “we are a slave to whatever controls us.” I know that so often my heart and life gets tangled up and controlled by fears, worries, insecurities, pride, and feeling insignificant. In each moment, we all have a choice to make. We can live by the way things seem to be and how we feel, or we can choose truth.

God says we are pure, righteous, and holy. We are His sons and daughters. We are crafted masterpieces made by Him. He delights in us, wants us to come to know Him, wants us to give up our fears and run with Him. He UNCONDITIONALLY loves us. We are more than enough for Him. He sent His Son to die because He never ever wants to be separated from us. He has a plan for you and for me, and can’t wait to take us through each part of the journey. We are His BELOVED. It’s my prayer for you, for me, for our generation to come alive/awake/aware to these truths. May we stand up against our fears, “live a little,” and shine with joy! It’s all about Him, and because of that, WE ARE FREE! Sending my love and hugs to you! Hope you have an amazing day!


The Lost Get Found

Love is calling you.

Don’t let your lights go down.

Don’t let your fire burn out.

‘Cause somewhere, somebody needs a reason to believe. Stand out.

Why don’t you rise up now?

Don’t be afraid to stand out. That’s how the lost get found.

Why do we go with the flow or take the easier road?

Why are we playin’ it safe?

Love came to show us the way.

Love is a chance we should take. 

Love is calling…


Walk on the Water

So what are you waiting for?

What do you have to lose?

Your insecurities try to alter you.

You know you’re made for more. So don’t be afraid to move.

Faith is all it takes and you can walk on the water too.

So get out and let your fear fall to the ground.

No time to waste, don’t wait.

Don’t turn around and miss out on everything you were made for... 

1 comments:

Kyle Kite said...

Man, great words! Let freedom ring!

We're excited about all the things God is doing for you and through you.

We do miss you though. Can't wait to hear about a whole summer filled with the Kingdom.

Know that we're praying for you.