Welcome

Thank you dearly for coming to this page! I am full of joy and excitement to share my life with you. It is a privilege and honor to get to tell you about what is going on in my day-to-day, my mind, and my heart. Christ, my King and Savior, has been there through each step of my journey. In Him, everything has purpose. There is a God story being written that is much bigger than my Haley-story. I pray to be moldable and unresisting clay in His hands. I pray that God will shape my life into a masterpiece vessel to be filled and used by Him. Thank you for following this blog. Even more than that though, I invite you to come follow Him with me!

Friday, May 21, 2010

Whitney's Graduation

My little sister graduated from high school today. Whit’s turn was first, then Caden graduates from McCallie on Sunday. I can't believe "my babies" are this old. When they first became a bump on Momma's belly, I started calling them my babies. As the big sister, I still get that privilege.

Whitney and I got an early start celebrating this morning. We got ready together and danced our way down the mountain to her favorite music. It's been wonderful being home from school and getting to spend time with her. She is growing up fast, and sister time is so special. After a fun lunch with dad and Elizabeth, Caden and I got to hang out too.

It will be a fun packed weekend before getting on the plane Monday morning. I am more excited than I can explain. I’m praying for rest because when I get excited, I can’t sleep. Even at 21, I can’t sleep the night before Christmas or the first day of school. I love this excited feeling though. I can’t wait to see what Jesus has in store for this summer.

This last week the word “fight” has been on my heart. I have faced lies in my head about being unworthy, unprepared, or not good enough for this internship. Jesus promises that He will fight for us. When we are weak, He is able to glorify Himself through holding us in His strength. As a perfectionist, I must work on being weak and being made humble. Of course I am going to feel not good enough when I rely on myself. Jesus is Enough, and He is in me!

Kylie, my beautiful roommate and close friend, sent me an encouraging verse that further explained how Jesus fights for us. Even when we don’t know what to pray, His Spirit inside of us is praying for us. May I let go, trust, stop fighting on my own, and let Jesus fight for me. "The Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. We don't even know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groaning that cannot be expressed with words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us in harmony with God's own will." Romans 8:26-27

God, please fight for me as I go to Spain. Please rise up in defense of all people reading this. I pray that you will glorify yourself through my weaknesses, fears, and insecurities. Mold me and work through me, as your tool to touch the world. Below are some of the things I have found about Jesus’ promise to fight for us…

“Just stand where you are and watch the Lord rescue you… The Lord Himself will FIGHT for you. You won’t have to lift a finger for your defense.” Exodus 14:13-14

“Do not be afraid. The Lord your God is going before you. He will FIGHT for you. You have seen how the Lord your God cared for you again and again in the wilderness, just as a father cares for his child. Now He has brought you to this place.” Deut. 1:29-31

“Do not be afraid of the nations there, for the Lord your God will FIGHT for you. “ Deut. 3:22

“The Lord your God is going with you! He will FIGHT for you against your enemies, and He will give you victory.” Deut. 20:4

“Our God shall FIGHT for us.” Neh. 4:20

“My foes attack me all day long. My slanderers hound me constantly, and many are boldly attacking me. But when I am afraid, I put my trust in you. I trust in you, God, so why should I be afraid?” Psalm 56:1-4

“Our God is greater, our God is stronger, our God is higher than any other. Our God is healer, awesome in power. And if our God is with us, then who could ever stop us? And if our God is for us, then what could stand against us?” Passion Worship Band, 2010
“Be STILL and KNOW that I am God.” Psalm 46:10
(I got a concordance a couple of weeks ago. You can look up a word, where it is repeated through the Bible, and it’s Hebrew and Greek translation. The synonyms for specific words have helped me dig deeper and think through verses in different ways.)

From looking up the above passage, the synonyms have helped me look at the 8 word verse deeper and in many more perspectives…
STILL, looked up:
To slacken, abate, cease, fail, be faint, be feeble, forsake your own way, accept being weak, let go, let alone, stop planning, stop trying, be still, weaken your own will, stop focusing on self
KNOW, looked up:
To take care, to take recognition, be aware of, acknowledge, comprehend, consider, declare to be diligent in belief, discern, discover, to be familiar with, kinsfolk, to make known to self, to have knowledge of, to have respect for, to be sure of, a surety, to be able to teach or tell about, to have an understanding of, believed in, understood

0 comments: