Welcome

Thank you dearly for coming to this page! I am full of joy and excitement to share my life with you. It is a privilege and honor to get to tell you about what is going on in my day-to-day, my mind, and my heart. Christ, my King and Savior, has been there through each step of my journey. In Him, everything has purpose. There is a God story being written that is much bigger than my Haley-story. I pray to be moldable and unresisting clay in His hands. I pray that God will shape my life into a masterpiece vessel to be filled and used by Him. Thank you for following this blog. Even more than that though, I invite you to come follow Him with me!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Angels Around

(Written May 24th, uploaded today) I can’t believe it’s May 24th. Mom and I left Chattanooga this morning for the flight out of Atlanta. My stomach was tumbling nerves on the way. I don’t know if it’s nervousness, excitement, or the unknown; probably all three. It’s settled now and I am in the waiting area in the Washington airport. The plane from here will go into Madrid tonight. The Lord brought me a peace on the plane ride from Atlanta. Here are the things I’ve been thinking about this morning…

I tossed around trying to fall asleep last night, but it didn’t happen for a long time. Fears and insecurities grow much bigger for me at nighttime. It seemed that each scenario of something going wrong rolled through my mind. I had to keep praying against the worries, but I think I fell asleep still thinking about them.

I got to run along the brow this morning with the sunrise and Jesus. It was fun getting to use some of my excitement energy and get to see the mountain a last time. Variations of “Do Not Worry” is mentioned (according to David, my stepdad) 366 times in the Bible. This morning it was on my heart that God (our Father, best friend, brother, companion) is the Lord of armies of angels. With Him, there is no need for worry.

Over time, I’ve drifted slowly out of shape. My quiet times during runs these days are mostly talking with God about how to make it through. I know He is fighting for me and working/shaping me into His warrior. Warrior princess if you may. Princess of the King. I truly believe that He has angels stationed for our protection and is working for us in ways we cannot see/understand. Angels bow before Him, worship Him, adore Him. He sends His armies of angels to guard our way, guard our hearts, and do His work. Our friend, Father, and Savior is the Lord of the Angel Armies. Wow!

When we’re walking with Him, we get the amazing privilege to walk among angels. We won’t see them, but I believe they’re there. This morning when my legs hurt and I felt like I couldn’t take another step, I thought: “yes, with the Lord’s help, I’m getting in shape to be part of the army of the King.” Only He can equip and mold us into His sons and daughters, warriors, and ambassadors.

It’s so cool to me to think about the armies of angels that are seeking our best. Their great commander is the King who wants to be in a personal, intimate relationship with us. Wow! That is peace that is greater than any fear, any big airport, or any unknown. Praise to the King of Kings. Thank you for your prayers!

0 comments: